Our social workers help patients and their family members navigate any and all concerns that arise during this journey. The HOPE Healthcare and Hospice social worker can assist you with community, financial, and supportive resources.
Their goal is to enhance the quality of life and promoting well-being for patients, families, and caregivers.
Our Social Worker can help:
- Assist the patient and their families in making healthcare decisions based on personal goals of care
- Assist with Advance Directives, Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) orders
- Contact local agencies and/or community resources that may offer help to patients and families such as Meals-on-Wheels, Life Alert, etc.
- Assistance with insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid paperwork
- Assistance with funeral planning
- Identifying the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and their loved ones and finding appropriate support as needed
- Assist survivors with necessary arrangements and paperwork after death occurs
- Assist survivors in obtaining appropriate grief counseling